1300 36 33 32
100 Facts Planet Earth book for kids is bursting with awesome images, great activities and exactly 100 mind-blowing facts. Children will learn everything they need to know about our wonderful planet.
100 Facts Planet Earth book for kids covers key topics about our world in easily-digestible, numbered facts. Every page features detailed illustrations and colourful photographs that bring the text to life for kids.
Essential topics covered in 100 Facts Planet Earth:
- Where Earth came from and where it is in space
- The layers of Earth, precious materials and preserving the planet
- Natural events, spectacular scenery and what we can learn about the evolution of Earth
Examples of 'I don't believe it' fascinating facts:
- Some fossils of bacteria are 3.5 billion years old.
- The longest stalactite is 59 metres long. The tallest stalagmite is 32 metres tall.
- By the middle of the 21th century, 30-50 percent of all living species may be extinct.
Activities to make learning accessible and interactive include:
- Make salt crystals using table salt, a magnifying glass and a dark-coloured bowl!
- Recreate a geyser eruption using a bucket, plastic funnel and plastic tubing
- Quiz question: What shape is a barchan sand dune?
Author: Peter Riley
Consultant: Clive Carpenter
Dimensions: 9 X 12
Format: Paperback with holographic foil
Buy 100 Facts - Planet Earth by Miles Kelly from Australia's Online Independent Bookstore, Boomerang Books.
Book DetailsISBN: 9781782091950
» Have you read this book? We'd like to know what you think about it - write a review about 100 Facts - Planet Earth book by Miles Kelly and you'll earn 50c in Boomerang Bucks loyalty dollars (you must be a Boomerang Books Account Holder - it's free to sign up and there are great benefits!)
© 2003-2020. All Rights Reserved. Eclipse Commerce Pty Ltd - ACN: 122 110 687 - ABN: 49 122 110 687