Description - 101 Things I Learned in Culinary School by Louis Eguaras
"This book is all meat with no fat....sure to surprise and enlighten even the most informed gourmands." --Publishers Weekly (starred review of the First Edition of 101 Things I Learned in Culinary School)
A chef must master countless techniques, memorize a mountain of information, and maintain a zenmaster's calm. This book illuminates the path to becoming a culinary professional by sharing important kitchen fundamentals and indispensable advice, such as-
* Practical how-to's, from properly holding a knife to calibrating a thermometer to creating a compost pile
* Ways to emphasize, accent, deepen, and counterpoint flavors
* Why we prefer a crisp outside and tender inside in most foods
* Understanding wine labels and beer basics
* How to narrow innumerable culinary options to a manageable few, whether selecting knives, oils, thickeners, flours, potatoes, rice, or salad greens
* How a professional kitchen is organized and managed to maintain its mission
Written by a culinary professor and former White House chef, 101 Things I Learned in Culinary School is a concise, highly readable resource for culinary students, home chefs, casual foodies, and anyone else trying to find their way around--or simply into--the kitchen.
Buy 101 Things I Learned in Culinary School by Louis Eguaras from Australia's Online Independent Bookstore, Boomerang Books.
(127mm x 178mm x mm)
Ballantine Books Inc.
Publisher: Random House USA Inc
Country of Publication:
Other Editions - 101 Things I Learned in Culinary School by Louis Eguaras
Book Reviews - 101 Things I Learned in Culinary School by Louis Eguaras
» Have you read this book? We'd like to know what you think about it - write a review about 101 Things I Learned in Culinary School book by Louis Eguaras and you'll earn 50c in Boomerang Bucks loyalty dollars (you must be a Boomerang Books Account Holder - it's free to sign up and there are great benefits!)
A Preview for this title is currently not available.