1300 36 33 32
A sourcebook of 1980s fashion print, this edition showcases prints from a design period that is having a major revival. Covering the whole of this decade of excess, the book includes prints that were, for the first time, produced completely by fashion fabric designers (not the interior print designers of earlier eras.)
The creativity of the period is given full expression in this sourcebook of hundreds of designs that make it an essential for contemporary designers and students. The book contains exclusive illustrations and original artwork from designers as well as finished prints. Each short chapter introduction is followed by illustrations with captions to give provenance and relevance. The prints are arranged in the following chapters:
* Glamazon: the big-hair look demanded bold, colourful patterning that said 'Look at me'
* Neon Blitz: dazzling colour, ostentation and the influence of graffiti
* Urban Jungle: An urban take on the floral print with exotic multi-coloured images, typified by the prints of Kenzo
* Catch The Wave: the influence of the surfing, skateboarding trends on print with high-voltage motifs and a modern take on the Hawaiian shirt
* Radical Classical: Revisiting the past, as in all design eras, the 1980s appropriated Classical statues and architectural detail
Word count 8000
Buy 1980s Fashion Print by Marnie Fogg from Australia's Online Independent Bookstore, Boomerang Books.
Book DetailsISBN: 9781906388416
» Have you read this book? We'd like to know what you think about it - write a review about 1980s Fashion Print book by Marnie Fogg and you'll earn 50c in Boomerang Bucks loyalty dollars (you must be a Boomerang Books Account Holder - it's free to sign up and there are great benefits!)
Marnie Fogg is a media consultant on all aspects of the fashion industry. She lectured in Visual Studies and the Culture of Fashion at the University of Nottingham, and has a Master's Degree in Art and Design Advanced Practice and Theory. She is the author of Boutique: A 60s Cultural Phenomenon, published by Mitchell Beazley, and Print in Fashion, published by Batsford (ISBN 9780713490121). She lives in Duffield, Derbyshire.
© 2003-2020. All Rights Reserved. Eclipse Commerce Pty Ltd - ACN: 122 110 687 - ABN: 49 122 110 687