Description - A Guide to Eighteenth-Century Art by Linda Walsh
A Guide to Eighteenth-Century Art offers an introductory overview of the art, artists, and artistic movements of this exuberant period in European art, and the social, economic, philosophical, and political debates that helped shape them.
- Covers both artistic developments and critical approaches to the period by leading contemporary scholars
- Uses an innovative framework to emphasize the roles of tradition, modernity, and hierarchy in the production of artistic works of the period
- Reveals the practical issues connected with the production, sale, public and private display of art of the period
- Assesses eighteenth-century art's contribution to what we now refer to as 'modernity'
- Includes numerous illustrations, and is accompanied by online resources examining art produced outside Europe and its relationship with the West, along with other useful resources
Buy A Guide to Eighteenth-Century Art by Linda Walsh from Australia's Online Independent Bookstore, Boomerang Books.
Format: Paperback / softback
(228mm x 155mm x 14mm)
John Wiley & Sons Inc
Publisher: John Wiley & Sons Inc
Country of Publication:
Other Editions - A Guide to Eighteenth-Century Art by Linda Walsh
Book Reviews - A Guide to Eighteenth-Century Art by Linda Walsh
» Have you read this book? We'd like to know what you think about it - write a review about A Guide to Eighteenth-Century Art book by Linda Walsh and you'll earn 50c in Boomerang Bucks loyalty dollars (you must be a Boomerang Books Account Holder - it's free to sign up and there are great benefits!)
A Preview for this title is currently not available.