Description - Acting with Power: Why We Are More Powerful than We Believe by Deborah Gruenfeld
Most of us tend to think that there are two kinds of people in world: those who have power, and those who don't. But in reality, says Stanford Business School professor Deborah Gruenfeld, we all have more power than we think. And success is not about how much power we have, but rather how we use it. In Acting with Power, readers will learn:
- how to read the power dynamics of room and understand where we fit in
- techniques for getting "into character" when thrust into a role that feels unnatural
- why some people fear power, while others abuse theirs
- strategies for overcoming "performance anxiety" around stepping into a bigger role
- why power doesn't necessarily corrupt; it's only when power meets insecurity that people and power get abused
- how to use power as leaders to inspire great performances in others
Some of us constantly crave a bigger role, while some of us feel like imposters in our current ones. Acting with Power shows us how to give a more powerful performance in any role, and on any stage.
Buy Acting with Power: Why We Are More Powerful than We Believe by Deborah Gruenfeld from Australia's Online Independent Bookstore, Boomerang Books.
Format: Paperback / softback
(234mm x 153mm x 22mm)
Profile Books Ltd
Publisher: Profile Books Ltd
Country of Publication:
Other Editions - Acting with Power: Why We Are More Powerful than We Believe by Deborah Gruenfeld
Book Reviews - Acting with Power: Why We Are More Powerful than We Believe by Deborah Gruenfeld
» Have you read this book? We'd like to know what you think about it - write a review about Acting with Power: Why We Are More Powerful than We Believe book by Deborah Gruenfeld and you'll earn 50c in Boomerang Bucks loyalty dollars (you must be a Boomerang Books Account Holder - it's free to sign up and there are great benefits!)
A Preview for this title is currently not available.