Description - Aggression in Organizations: Violence, Abuse, and Harassment at Work and in Schools by Mark L. Braverman
Learn guidelines for diagnosis, treatment, prevention, and intervention!
As violence and abusiveness become increasingly prevalent in our schools and workplaces, our sense of safety suffers a heavy toll. Aggression in Organizations: Violence, Abuse, and Harassment at Work and in Schools presents a wide range of research, perspectives, and approaches to violence and abuse at work and in school. Respected authorities discuss practical strategies that foster a sense of safety, dignity, growth, creativity, and social support in every organization.
Aggression in Organizations discusses in depth the effects of physical violence, sexual and emotional abuse, and bullying in various situations and institutions. Case studies illustrate examples that bring the latest empirical and applied research into clear focus. Insights are revealed into what can be done to prevent a future filled with violence as well as guidelines for treating people affected by aggressive acts. Each chapter is well-referenced and many include helpful diagrams and tables to enhance clarity.
- the quantitative and qualitative methods that document the long-term effects of trauma and the effectiveness of interventions
- the role of perceptions in gauging workplace hostility
- a personality test to identify an aggressive personality
- the role of organizational frustration in forming aggressive behaviors
- the effects of a teacher's emotional abuse of a student
- two forms of workplace abuse, "bullying" and "mobbing"
- and many more!
Aggression in Organizations presents and explains:
Aggression in Organizations is essential reading for psychologists, educators, organizational consultants, human resource professionals, school counselors, and social workers.
- an overview of workplace and school violence protection
- a ten year clinical case study of an incident of workplace violence
- factors influencing women's perceptions of a sexually hostile workplace
- the emotionally abusive workplace
- identifying the aggressive personality
- organizational frustration and aggressive behaviors
- creating respectful, productive workplaces
- emotional abuse in the classroom
- adult-student sexual harassment
- a qualitative analysis of students and parents' immediate reactions to the shootings at Columbine High School
- a school-wide bullying prevention program for elementary students
Buy Aggression in Organizations: Violence, Abuse, and Harassment at Work and in Schools by Mark L. Braverman from Australia's Online Independent Bookstore, Boomerang Books.
(216mm x 152mm x mm)
Routledge Member of the Taylor and Francis Group
Publisher: Taylor & Francis Inc
Country of Publication:
Other Editions - Aggression in Organizations: Violence, Abuse, and Harassment at Work and in Schools by Mark L. Braverman
Book Reviews - Aggression in Organizations: Violence, Abuse, and Harassment at Work and in Schools by Mark L. Braverman
» Have you read this book? We'd like to know what you think about it - write a review about Aggression in Organizations: Violence, Abuse, and Harassment at Work and in Schools book by Mark L. Braverman and you'll earn 50c in Boomerang Bucks loyalty dollars (you must be a Boomerang Books Account Holder - it's free to sign up and there are great benefits!)