Description - AQA GCSE English Literature and Language - An Inspector Calls by Julia Burchell
Exam Board: AQA
Level & Subject: GCSE English Language, GCSE English Literature
First teaching: September 2015, First exams: June 2017
Develop your students' skills in English Literature and English Language as you study An Inspector Calls.
This Student Book offers English Literature lessons to help your classes explore the set text in depth. In parallel, English Language lessons give students the opportunity to respond to fiction and non-fiction extracts that will deepen their understanding of the play's themes and contexts.
This practical resource is designed for in-class study, as well as exam preparation.
* Give students a supportive route through the set text, with pre-reading, close reading and whole-text review chapters to help them understand the plot, characters, themes and contexts and analyse the writer's methods.
* Build writing stamina with the longer exam-style tasks at the end of each chapter.
* Support all learners with clear plot summaries and a `Who's who' guide to the main characters.
* Prepare for examination success with a final chapter on the Literature exam, including exam-style questions, step-by-step guidance for writing an effective response, and sample answers at different levels.
* Practise all the AQA English Language Paper 1 and 2 question formats. Students will learn how to locate information, analyse language and structure, synthesise, critically evaluate and compare as they read texts about life in Edwardian and post-war Britain, class, marriage and the suffrage movement. They will also be given the opportunity to produce their own narrative, descriptive and argumentative writing in response to the play and its concerns.
Buy AQA GCSE English Literature and Language - An Inspector Calls by Julia Burchell from Australia's Online Independent Bookstore, Boomerang Books.
(234mm x 153mm x 6mm)
Publisher: HarperCollins Publishers
Country of Publication:
Book Reviews - AQA GCSE English Literature and Language - An Inspector Calls by Julia Burchell
» Have you read this book? We'd like to know what you think about it - write a review about AQA GCSE English Literature and Language - An Inspector Calls book by Julia Burchell and you'll earn 50c in Boomerang Bucks loyalty dollars (you must be a Boomerang Books Account Holder - it's free to sign up and there are great benefits!)
Author Biography - Julia Burchell
Julia Burchell is a highly experienced teacher of English who has worked as an Assistant Principal, Head of English and an English adviser for West Sussex. Julia has written widely for UK and international students and teachers.
A Preview for this title is currently not available.