Description - BBQ Revolution: Innovative Barbecue Recipes from an All-Star Pitmaster by Mitch Benjamin
From classic, competition-winning recipes to boundary-pushing que, join the founder of Meat Mitch competition BBQ team and Char Bar in Kansas City for a BBQ Revolution! Mitch Benjamin has helped open BBQ restaurants in Paris, served his smoked meat to baseball legends at Yankee field, and taken home some serious hardware from just about every major BBQ competition. In this book, he throws open the doors to his kitchen (or as he calls it, his "Mitchen") and takes BBQ on a wild ride as only he can! The book starts with his treatise on smokers and smoking, then winds its way through chapters both classic and creative:
* Learn the ins and outs of competition BBQ, including some of Mitch's award-winning recipes for sauces, rubs, and meats from brisket and burnt ends to short ribs and pork butt.
* Take a trip behind the scenes of Kansas City's Char Bar, with some of their most popular recipes like their smoked and glazed chicken wings and burnt ends eggs Benedict. Mitch even breaks out the smoking gun for some smoked cocktails!
* Next up, some truly revolutionary BBQ. Leave your expectations at home as Mitch teaches reverse smoking, sous vide, and other techniques to master non-traditional mains including oysters, shrimp, trout, jackfruit, bone marrow, meatloaf, and much more.
* There's never "que" much of a good thing! In a full chapter on making the most of smoked meat, Mitch whips up his signature "pig mac" as well as Japanese steamed buns; candied pork belly; and barbeque-stuffed tacos, quiche, and poutine.
* Last but not least, Mitch shares some of his legendary sides and "amusements." Think outrageous pimiento cheese with smoked black peppercorns, grilled roots and fruits salad, smoky whoopie pies, and more!
Whether you're relatively new to BBQ or a seasoned pitmaster, you're sure to find new ideas, techniques, and flavors if you hang around with Mitch. What are you waiting for? Go ahead, join the revolution!
Buy BBQ Revolution: Innovative Barbecue Recipes from an All-Star Pitmaster by Mitch Benjamin from Australia's Online Independent Bookstore, Boomerang Books.
(254mm x 203mm x mm)
Harvard Common Press,U.S.
Publisher: Harvard Common Press,U.S.
Country of Publication:
Book Reviews - BBQ Revolution: Innovative Barbecue Recipes from an All-Star Pitmaster by Mitch Benjamin
» Have you read this book? We'd like to know what you think about it - write a review about BBQ Revolution: Innovative Barbecue Recipes from an All-Star Pitmaster book by Mitch Benjamin and you'll earn 50c in Boomerang Bucks loyalty dollars (you must be a Boomerang Books Account Holder - it's free to sign up and there are great benefits!)
A Preview for this title is currently not available.