Beginning Ubuntu for Windows and Mac Users is your comprehensive guide to using Ubuntu. You already know how to use a computer running Windows or OS X, but learning a new operating system can feel daunting. If you've been afraid to try Ubuntu because you don't know where to start, this book will show you how to get the most out of Ubuntu for work, home, and play. You'll be introduced to a wide selection of software and settings that will make your computer ready to work for you.
* Understand the advantages of Ubuntu and its variants-Kubuntu, Xubuntu, and more
* Install Ubuntu on its own or alongside your computer's existing operating system
* Search Ubuntu's catalog of thousands of applications-all ready to install with a single click
* Work with files and disks that were created with Windows and OS X* Run simple, interesting tasks and games using the command line
* Customize Ubuntu in powerful ways and get work done with virtual machines
Ubuntu is the world's third most popular operating system and powers desktop and laptop computers, servers, private and public clouds, phones and tablets, and embedded devices. There's never been a better time to install Ubuntu and move to an open source way of life. Get started with Beginning Ubuntu for Windows and Mac Users today!
Buy Beginning Ubuntu for Windows and Mac Users by Nathan Haines from Australia's Online Independent Bookstore, Boomerang Books.
Book DetailsISBN: 9781484206096
» Have you read this book? We'd like to know what you think about it - write a review about Beginning Ubuntu for Windows and Mac Users book by Nathan Haines and you'll earn 50c in Boomerang Bucks loyalty dollars (you must be a Boomerang Books Account Holder - it's free to sign up and there are great benefits!)
© 2003-2019. All Rights Reserved. Eclipse Commerce Pty Ltd - ACN: 122 110 687 - ABN: 49 122 110 687