The Green Township communities of Bridgetown, Covedale, Dent, Mack, Monfort Heights, and White Oak had their humble beginnings in 1809. By the early 1900s, Green Township was primarily a rural farming community. The advent of the streetcar, and eventually the automobile, made traveling much easier. New and improved roads and better cars in the 1930s and 1940s enabled workers to commute to Cincinnati or the industrial Millcreek Valley. With this growth, the west side expanded greatly with the building of new homes, schools, and churches. By 1940, there were 18,500 Green Township residents. By 1960, the number had grown to more than 37,300. The 2000 census listed 55,660 residents, making Green Township the second-largest township in Ohio.
Buy Hamilton County's Green Township book by Jeff Lueders from Australia's Online Bookstore, Boomerang Books.
Format: Paperback / softback
(235mm x 167mm x 10mm)
Arcadia Publishing (SC)
Publisher: Arcadia Publishing (SC)
Country of Publication: