Description - ICTs and Indian Economic Development by Ashwani Saith
ICTs and Indian Economic Development evaluates the recent phenomenon of Information technology communication (ICT) development in India, and discusses such questions as: Can the growth be sustained? How far can an ICT revolution go towards modernising India's economy? What could be the capacity of ICTs to induce rapid social transformation and change? Can India navigate all the pitfalls and hazards and retain its current comparative advantage in the field of ICT?
ICTs and Indian Economic Development:
- provide a systematic overview of the major developments and trends in the Indian ICT sector;
- investigate the dynamism of the IT sector and whether it has contributed to wealth creation in any significant measure; and whether Bangalore, in its area of special strength-software-is a dynamic leader or merely a Silicon Valley follower;
- assess the role of the State and of government policy, especially with regard to the opportunities for shaping the future of this sector;
- explore the processes of the restructuring of work and employment in the wake of the IT revolution;
- set the Indian experience in a wider context through a discussion of the Chinese experience, along with a comparative analysis of ICT clusters in the two countries.
ICTs and Indian Economic Development is of interest to those studying economics and development studies, internaional and development communication and new media and communications technology; and those already at work in these fields.
Buy ICTs and Indian Economic Development by Ashwani Saith from Australia's Online Independent Bookstore, Boomerang Books.
(215mm x 139mm x mm)
SAGE Publications Inc
Publisher: SAGE Publications Inc
Country of Publication:
Book Reviews - ICTs and Indian Economic Development by Ashwani Saith