Description - Advertising Basics! by J. V. Vilanilam
Advertising Basics! is a one-stop resource for anyone who wishes to understand and unravel the exciting world of advertising. Beginning from the basics, the book uses a simple commonsense approach to explain everything one wants to know about advertising and how the industry works on a daily basis.
The book begins with a brief history which gives the reader an understanding of how advertising has evolved from the way it was practiced earlier in the teeming bazaars to its sophisticated and technologically advanced avatar today. The authors then discuss each aspect of the advertising industry in detail, giving pointers, suggestions and in-depth analysis of how things work in each department.
Some of the highlights of this text are:
- A holistic introduction which gives the reader a pan-industry perspective of advertising.
- The nitty-gritties of copywriting for the main media-newspapers, magazines, radio, film, television and the Internet.
- Detailed chapters on advertising agencies, client servicing and the creative aspects of advertising.
- Pointers on how to conduct an advertising campaign.
- Numerous advertisements which illustrate the theory and examples used in the book.
- Tips on how to select an advertising agency and in what circumstances the agency should be changed.
- A simple, approachable and anecdotal style of writing which the reader will enjoy.
Buy Advertising Basics! by J. V. Vilanilam from Australia's Online Independent Bookstore, Boomerang Books.
(215mm x 139mm x mm)
SAGE Publications Inc
Publisher: SAGE Publications Inc
Country of Publication:
Book Reviews - Advertising Basics! by J. V. Vilanilam
Author Biography - J. V. Vilanilam
John V Vilanilam is the former Head of the Department of Communication and Journalism, University of Kerala, Trivandrum where he also served as the Vice-Chancellor between 1992 and 1996. He is an expert in the field of Development and Development Communication, having authored numerous books including titles such as Reporting a Revolution: The Iranian Revolution and the NIICODebate (1989), Science Communication and Development (1993), MoreEffective Communication: A Manual for Professionals (2000), Advertising Basics (2004) and Mass Communication in India: A Sociological Perspective (2005). Dr Vilanilam is an extremely prolific writer and has published articles in renowned journals such as Journalism Quarterly, Journal of Communication, Media Asia, Communicator, Media Culture, and Society, Gazette (Amsterdam) and several front-ranking newspapers and professional journals.