Description - The House of Dewar 1296-1991 by Peter Beauclerk-Dewar
Starting at the court of the Lord Lyon in Edinburgh, it is interesting to find that in the Public Register of Arms and Bearings in Scotland, which commenced in 1672, there are 24 grants and matriculations of Dewar arms relating to eight quite separate families as well as one to John Dewar & Son Ltd., Distillers. The earliest reference to the arms of Dewar (Or (gold) a Chief Azure (blue)) is in James Pont's Armorial in 1624. It is these simple and undifferenced arms, last matriculated in 1760, which have been matriculated anew over 230 years later.
Buy The House of Dewar 1296-1991 by Peter Beauclerk-Dewar from Australia's Online Independent Bookstore, Boomerang Books.
(210mm x 148mm x 10mm)
Phillimore & Co Ltd
Publisher: The History Press Ltd
Country of Publication:
Book Reviews - The House of Dewar 1296-1991 by Peter Beauclerk-Dewar