Description - Learning Support for Mature Students by Elizabeth Hoult
'It is an engaging text, which could be of value to a wide audience. I would have no hesitation in recommending this book to my own mature students who were interested in understanding their learning more fully, or indeed to my colleagues teaching mature students' - ESCalate
This is an inspirational and highly practical book for students returning to study. Liz Hoult provides an easy-to-read and reassuring guide to learning.
Why is it that some people are able to do what seems so enormously difficult and possibly illogical and to succeed so spectacularly? What is it that these learners are able to do that others find so difficult? Learning Support: A Guide for Mature Students explores how adults learn and the ways in which different abilities and experiences can be used to learn more effectively. The book is written from a teacher's viewpoint and is based on the author's experiences during a long career of working with adult students.
Key features of this text include:
- nine chapters each dealing with a different aspect of learning
- models and concepts of learning developed and adapted from a range of sources from the disciplines of education and psychology
- notes at the end of each chapter including inspiration and suggestions for taking your understanding of the issues further
- suggestions for further reading at the end of each chapter
- individual self-assessment exercises to help you gain a detailed understanding of your own particular strengths and weaknesses as well as your own motivation for starting and staying the course
Learning Support: A Guide for Mature Students distils the talents, skills and perceptions that lead to success and to make them available to the general adult learning population at all levels - for people taking in evening classes at municipal adult education centres, returning to further education or embarking on higher education for the first time. This book is for you if you want to find out how to get the best out of studying, learn the secrets of successful learners and find out how to succeed.
Buy Learning Support for Mature Students by Elizabeth Hoult from Australia's Online Independent Bookstore, Boomerang Books.
(242mm x 170mm x mm)
SAGE Publications Inc
Publisher: SAGE Publications Inc
Country of Publication:
Other Editions - Learning Support for Mature Students by Elizabeth Hoult
Book Reviews - Learning Support for Mature Students by Elizabeth Hoult