Description - Social Work Research Methods by Teresa Morris
Social Work Research Methods is the first book to expand social work research methods to include alternative models and integrate these methodologies into general social work practice. In addition to traditional positivist research, author Teresa Morris also describes research methods for post positivism, critical theory and constructivism in a straight forward and accessible style.
Key features include:
- integrates research methods into a practice model;
- step-by-step guidance is given on how to carry out quantitative and qualitative research with illustrative examples from research projects that have used each of the paradigms;
- offers choices in research method;
- provides a conceptual frameworks to make decisions about which research methods to use in which situation;
- provides the tools to carry out research
as well as the theoretical rationales for each approach;
- discusses the ethics and politics of research and the researcher's responsibility to diversity;
- discusses the use of technology at each stage of a research project.
Buy Social Work Research Methods by Teresa Morris from Australia's Online Independent Bookstore, Boomerang Books.
(228mm x 152mm x mm)
SAGE Publications Inc
Publisher: SAGE Publications Inc
Country of Publication:
Other Editions - Social Work Research Methods by Teresa Morris
Book Reviews - Social Work Research Methods by Teresa Morris
Author Biography - Teresa Morris
Teresa Morris is the chair of the social work department and director of social work programs at California State University, San Bernardino (CSUSB). She received her M.S.W. from the University of Hawaii and her Doctorate from UC, Berkeley. She is from England via Australia and now lives in California. In England she worked as a secondary school teacher and a youth and community worker. In Australia she was a community worker, and later an academic. In 1989 she went to California to help start a new social work department and now heads that department. Her publications have been in the areas of refugee resettlement, philosophy of science, and alternative paradigm research methods. She teaches research methods.