Call Boomerang Books 1300 36 33 32

Description - A Bias for Action by Heike Bruch

In A Bias for Action, Sumantra Ghoshal and Heike Bruch reveal that only 10% of managers act purposefully to get truly important work done. The other 90% simply "spin their wheels" by procrastinating, detaching emotionally, and distracting themselves with busywork. Why does this happen, and what separates productive managers from their less purposeful colleagues? Based on exclusive research across several industries, and illustrated through stirring personal stories, A Bias for Action shows that great managers produce results not by motivating others, but by engaging their own willpower through a powerful combination of energy and focus. Bruch and Ghoshal provide simple strategies for bolstering individual willpower and action-taking abilities, and explore ways to marshal the willpower of others to encourage collective action.

Buy A Bias for Action by Heike Bruch from Australia's Online Independent Bookstore, Boomerang Books.

Book Details

ISBN: 9781591394082
ISBN-10: 1591394082
Format: Hardback
(244mm x 166mm x mm)
Pages: 224
Imprint: Harvard Business Review Press
Publisher: Harvard Business Review Press
Publish Date: 1-May-2004
Country of Publication: United States

Other Editions - A Bias for Action by Heike Bruch

Book Reviews - A Bias for Action by Heike Bruch

» Have you read this book? We'd like to know what you think about it - write a review about Bias for Action book by Heike Bruch and you'll earn 50c in Boomerang Bucks loyalty dollars (you must be a Boomerang Books Account Holder - it's free to sign up and there are great benefits!)

Write Review

Author Biography - Heike Bruch

Heike Bruch is a Professor of Leadership at the University of St. Gallen (Switzerland). Sumantra Ghoshal is Professor of Strategic and International Management at London Business School and co-author of Managing Across Borders (HBS Press, 1998).

Books By Heike Bruch

Fully Charged by Heike Bruch
Hardback, February 2011