Description - Brain Injury Medicine: Principles and Practice by Nathan D. Zasler
This revised and greatly expanded Third Edition of Brain Injury Medicine continues its reputation as the key core textbook in the field, bringing together evidence-based medicine and years of collective author clinical experience in a clear and comprehensive guide for brain injury professionals. Universally praised as the gold standard text and go-to clinical reference, the book covers the entire continuum of care from early diagnosis and assessment through acute management, rehabilitation, associated medical and quality of life issues, and functional outcomes. With 12 new chapters and expanded coverage in key areas of pathobiology and neuro-recovery, special populations, sport concussion, disorders of consciousness, neuropharmacology, and more, this "state of the science" resource promotes a multi-disciplinary approach to a complex condition with consideration of emerging topics and the latest clinical advances.
Written by over 200 experts from all involved disciplines, the text runs the full gamut of practice of brain injury medicine including principles of public health and research, biomechanics and neural recovery, neuroimaging and neurodiagnostic testing, sport and military, prognosis and outcome, acute care, treatment of special populations, neurologic and other medical complications post-injury, motor and musculoskeletal problems, post-trauma pain disorders, cognitive and behavioral problems, functional mobility, neuropharmacology and alternative treatments, community reentry, and medicolegal and ethical issues. Unique in its scope of topics relevant to professionals working with patients with brain injury, this third edition offers the most complete and contemporary review of clinical practice standards in the field.
- Thoroughly revised and updated Third Edition of the seminal reference on brain injury medicine
- Evidence-based consideration of emerging topics with new chapters covering pathobiology, biomarkers, neurorehabilitation nursing, neurodegenerative dementias, anoxic/hypoxic ischemic brain injury, infectious causes of acquired brain injury, neuropsychiatric assessment, PTSD, and capacity assessment
- Multi-disciplinary authorship with leading experts from a wide range of specialties including but not limited to physiatry, neurology, psychiatry, neurosurgery, neuropsychology, physical therapy, occupational therapy speech language pathology, and nursing
- New online chapters on survivorship, family perspectives, and resources for persons with brain injury and their caregivers
- Purchase includes digital access for use on most mobile devices or computers
Buy Brain Injury Medicine: Principles and Practice by Nathan D. Zasler from Australia's Online Independent Bookstore, Boomerang Books.
(279mm x 216mm x mm)
Springer Publishing Co Inc
Publisher: Springer Publishing Co Inc
Country of Publication:
Book Reviews - Brain Injury Medicine: Principles and Practice by Nathan D. Zasler
» Have you read this book? We'd like to know what you think about it - write a review about Brain Injury Medicine: Principles and Practice book by Nathan D. Zasler and you'll earn 50c in Boomerang Bucks loyalty dollars (you must be a Boomerang Books Account Holder - it's free to sign up and there are great benefits!)
A Preview for this title is currently not available.