Description - Cases in Hospitality Management by Timothy R. Hinkin
Your guide to becoming an effective hospitality manager
The hospitality industry is a "people" business. Whether dealing with guests or customers, managers or coworkers, those who work in this industry interact with other people perhaps more than in any other. And unlike many other industries, graduates entering the hospitality industry will quickly be assuming managerial roles. One of the only casebooks available that focuses specifically on hospitality management, Cases in Hospitality Management prepares readers to be successful managers by providing an effective connection between hospitality management theory and real-world workplace scenarios.
Whether managing a kitchen, dining room, front desk, travel agency, fast-food restaurant, or an entire hotel, employees seek cues and reinforcement from managers to guide their behavior. Cases in Hospitality Management provides readers with the opportunity to apply their knowledge, experience, and management skills, allowing them to think quickly on their feet and react appropriately in a wide variety of settings. By analyzing and understanding the causes and effects of a number of real, critical incidents, readers will be better prepared to effectively deal with similar situations when they face them on the job.
This new, updated Second Edition features:
* Fifteen all-new cases dealing with a variety of managerial topics including technology, human resource management, customer service, and ethics
* A broad array of real industry cases, including airlines, railroads, private clubs, conference centers, travel agents, auto rental, hotels, and restaurants
* A new Technology section that explores data warehousing, the Internet, and electronic banking
* A new Service Exemplars section that presents incidents involving truly exceptional service in a variety of contexts--from trains to resorts
* A new Service Recovery section presents examples of companies failing to salvage service encounters that have gone awry
Buy Cases in Hospitality Management by Timothy R. Hinkin from Australia's Online Independent Bookstore, Boomerang Books.
Format: Paperback / softback
(235mm x 164mm x 10mm)
John Wiley & Sons Inc
Publisher: John Wiley & Sons Inc
Country of Publication:
Other Editions - Cases in Hospitality Management by Timothy R. Hinkin
Book Reviews - Cases in Hospitality Management by Timothy R. Hinkin
» Have you read this book? We'd like to know what you think about it - write a review about Cases in Hospitality Management book by Timothy R. Hinkin and you'll earn 50c in Boomerang Bucks loyalty dollars (you must be a Boomerang Books Account Holder - it's free to sign up and there are great benefits!)
Author Biography - Timothy R. Hinkin
TIMOTHY R. HINKIN is a Professor at the Cornell School of Hotel Administration. He is the author of the first edition of Cases in Hospitality Management as well as numerous articles in the Academy of Management Journal, the Journal of Applied Psychology, the Hospitality Research Journal, and the Cornell Hotel and Restaurant Administration Quarterly. His primary research focuses are supervisor-subordinate relationships, power and influence in organizations, group dynamics, and service quality.