Description - Consumer Behavior in Travel and Tourism by Kaye Sung Chon
Containing original and previously unpublished theoretical and empirical studies, Consumer Behavior in Travel and Tourism will give professionals, professors, and researchers in the field up-to-date insight and information on trends, happenings, and findings in the international hospitality business arena. A great resource for educators, this book is complete with learning objectives, concept definitions, and even review questions at the end of each chapter. From this book, readers will understand and learn the needs and preferences of tourists and how to investigate the process of destination and product selection to help provide customers with products and services that will best meet their needs.In today's highly competitive business environment, understanding travel behavior is imperative to success. Consumer Behavior in Travel and Tourism brings together several studies in one volume, representing the first attempt to explore, define, analyze, and evaluate the consumption of tourist and travel products. This guide offers essential research strategies and methods that enables readers to determine the wants and needs of tourists, including:
Full of detailed charts and graphs, Consumer Behavior in Travel and Tourism illustrates key points to give you a better understanding of important facts and findings in the field.
- discussing and evaluating the main factors that affect consumer behavior in travel and tourism, such as travel motivation, destination choice, and the consequent travel behavior
- exploring the various decision-making processes of consumers that leads to consequent destination choices through case study analysis and marketing suggestions
- determining customer expectations of products through a variety of research techniques in order to find ways of improving satisfaction
- examining selected research tools, such as product positioning and repositioning and using perceptual maps, to evaluate the market implications of using qualitative and/or quantitative research techniques
- detecting and analyzing the relative roles individual, environmental, socioeconomic, and demographic factors play in choosing travel destinations
Buy Consumer Behavior in Travel and Tourism by Kaye Sung Chon from Australia's Online Independent Bookstore, Boomerang Books.
(216mm x 156mm x mm)
Routledge Member of the Taylor and Francis Group
Publisher: Taylor & Francis Inc
Country of Publication:
Other Editions - Consumer Behavior in Travel and Tourism by Kaye Sung Chon
Book Reviews - Consumer Behavior in Travel and Tourism by Kaye Sung Chon
» Have you read this book? We'd like to know what you think about it - write a review about Consumer Behavior in Travel and Tourism book by Kaye Sung Chon and you'll earn 50c in Boomerang Bucks loyalty dollars (you must be a Boomerang Books Account Holder - it's free to sign up and there are great benefits!)