Boomerang Books Account Holders are able to track their order at any time by logging in to the My Account area and selecting the 'Order History' tab.
If you would like an update from one of our Help Desk staff, please call us on 1300 36 33 32 or send your query via our online contact form.
You can also track your order once it is sent from our Sydney warehouse using the Australia Post eParcel tracking service. Use the tracking identification number listed on your Order Status Update email.
Order Status Updates
After you have placed an order, you will receive an email each time the status of a book changes. Here is an explanation of the various book statuses:
- Payment pending - Your order has been placed, but we are waiting for payment. Please note that funds must clear (Paypal, BPay, Direct Deposit, Cheque or Money Order) before an order is confirmed.
- Sourcing - The book is being sourced from a supplier. Many titles are held in direct stock but other books need to be sourced from a publisher or distributor. Most books are dispatched from our warehouse within 7-10 days of order, however, this depends on the where the book is sourced from. Books sourced from overseas can take longer to arrive. The date on your Order Status Update email indicates when we expect your book to be dispatched to you.
- Ready to Dispatch, Awaiting Other Books - The book is ready to dispatch to you, but we are waiting on other books on your order to arrive from suppliers. Generally, we will wait until all books have arrived before dispatching them to you. If you would like us to send your book(s) immediately, please contact us via our online contact form.
- Back order - The book is not available immediately, but the publisher has indicated that it should be available in the near future. The book will be dispatched to you as soon as it becomes available. The date provided on your Order Status Update email indicates when we expect your book to become available.
- Not Yet Published - The book has not yet been published. We will source and dispatch the book to you as soon as it becomes available. The date provided on your Order Status Update email indicates when the book is published.
- Cancelled - The book has either been cancelled at your request or it cannot be supplied. Accordingly, the book has been cancelled from the order and a refund has been processed.
- Dispatched - The book has been dispatched from our Sydney warehouse to your delivery address. Depending on your location, the book should arrive within 2-4 days (within Australia). The Tracking ID number provided on your Order Status Update email can be used to track your parcel on the Australia Post website.
Order and Book Cancellations
Entire orders, and books within orders, can be cancelled at any time prior to fulfilment. Further information can be found on our Cancellations, Returns and Guarantees page.
Adding Books to an Order
It is our policy not to permit the addition of books to an existing order after it has been placed. If you wish to purchase another book, it is necessary to place a new order.
Substituting Books within an Order
It is our policy not to permit the substitution of books within an existing order. Books may be cancelled, but not substituted. Substitution is only permitted when a replacement edition or imprint (same title, but different ISBN) needs to be substituted in place of an out of print edition.