Description - Contested Knowledge - Social Theory Today 6E by Steven Seidman
In the sixth edition of Contested Knowledge, social theorist Steven Seidman presents the latest topics in social theory and addresses the current shift of 'universalist theorists' to networks of clustered debates.
- Responds to current issues, debates, and new social movements
- Reviews sociological theory from a contemporary perspective
- Reveals how the universal theorist and the era of rival schools has been replaced by networks of clustered debates that are relatively 'autonomous' and interdisciplinary
- Features updates and in-depth discussions of the newest clustered debates in social theory-intimacy, postcolonial nationalism, and the concept of 'the other'
- Challenges social scientists to renew their commitment to the important moral and political role social knowledge plays in public life
Buy Contested Knowledge - Social Theory Today 6E by Steven Seidman from Australia's Online Independent Bookstore, Boomerang Books.
Format: Paperback / softback
(245mm x 169mm x 19mm)
Publisher: John Wiley and Sons Ltd
Country of Publication:
Book Reviews - Contested Knowledge - Social Theory Today 6E by Steven Seidman
» Have you read this book? We'd like to know what you think about it - write a review about Contested Knowledge - Social Theory Today 6E book by Steven Seidman and you'll earn 50c in Boomerang Bucks loyalty dollars (you must be a Boomerang Books Account Holder - it's free to sign up and there are great benefits!)
Author Biography - Steven Seidman
Steven Seidman is Professor of Sociology at the State University of New York at Albany. He is the author and editor of a number of books including Liberalism and the Origins of European Social Theory, The Postmodern Turn, Queer Theory/Sociology, The New Social Theory Reader (with Jeffrey Alexander), and Intimacies.
A Preview for this title is currently not available.