Description - Core Java SE 9 for the Impatient by Cay Horstmann
Core Java (R) SE 9 for the Impatient, 2nd Edition, is a complete yet concise guide that includes all the latest changes up to Java SE 9. Written by Cay S. Horstmann-author of the classic two-volume Core Java-this indispensable tutorial offers a faster, easier pathway for learning modern Java. Given Java SE 9's size and the scope of its enhancements, there's plenty to cover, but it's presented in small chunks organised for quick access and easy understanding.
Horstmann's practical insights and sample code help you quickly take advantage of all that's new, from Java SE 9's long-awaited "Project Jigsaw" module system to the improvements first introduced in Java SE 8, including lambda expressions and streams.
- Use modules to simplify the development of well-performing complex systems
- Migrate applications to work with the modularised Java API and third-party modules
- Test code as you create it with the new JShell Read-Eval-Print Loop (REPL)
- Use lambda expressions to express actions more concisely
- Streamline and optimise data management with today's Streams API
- Leverage modern concurrent programming based on cooperating tasks
- Take advantage of a multitude of API improvements for working with collections, input/output, regular expressions, and processes
Buy Core Java SE 9 for the Impatient by Cay Horstmann from Australia's Online Independent Bookstore, Boomerang Books.
Format: Paperback / softback
(230mm x 180mm x 30mm)
Publisher: Pearson Education (US)
Country of Publication:
Book Reviews - Core Java SE 9 for the Impatient by Cay Horstmann
» Have you read this book? We'd like to know what you think about it - write a review about Core Java SE 9 for the Impatient book by Cay Horstmann and you'll earn 50c in Boomerang Bucks loyalty dollars (you must be a Boomerang Books Account Holder - it's free to sign up and there are great benefits!)
Author Biography - Cay Horstmann
Cay S. Horstmann is the author of Java SE 8 for the Really Impatient (Addison-Wesley, 2014), Scala for the Impatient (Addison-Wesley, 2012), is principal author of Core Java(TM), Volumes I and II, Ninth Edition (Prentice Hall, 2013), and has written a dozen other books for professional programmers and computer science students. He is a professor of computer science at San Jose State University and is a Java Champion.
A Preview for this title is currently not available.