Description - The Creative Gorilla by John Brooker
This highly practical book explains how you can make the most of your organisation's opportunities by using the structured, yet creative Inn8 Approach. This simple approach has three parts:
1. Use a structured model (Inn8 Model) to innovate. Build creative solutions and strategies that get "Yes! And..." response.
2. Create an innovative climate (Inn8 Climate) to encourage collaboration and stimulate creative thinking.
3. Employ a toolkit (Inn8 Toolkit) of logical and creative thinking tools to help tap the innate wisdom and creativity of you and your colleagues.
Underlying the Inn8 Approach are four fundamental ideas:
1. Start innovating; do not just talk about innovation.
2. Involve anyone in the organisation; multiply your innovation capability.
3. Innovate anywhere in the organisation; widen your focus beyond products and business model innovation.
4. Innovate to learn; don't learn to innovate. Make the most of your precious people resource. Have them create real propositions and let them learn as they do.
If you want a practical guide to make the most of opportunities, create innovative propositions and develop strategies to implement them, this book is it. It is full of detailed instructions to help you design, facilitate and report on your own innovation workshops. Pick it up and start innovating!
Buy The Creative Gorilla by John Brooker from Australia's Online Independent Bookstore, Boomerang Books.
(229mm x 152mm x mm)
Publisher: Panoma Press
Country of Publication:
Book Reviews - The Creative Gorilla by John Brooker
Author Biography - John Brooker
John began his career in the RAF. He went on to become a Senior Vice President with Visa International, focussing on innovation and transformation of services. John works internationally with medium to large organisations to help them make the most of opportunities. He is a Solution Focus Professional Facilitator and Coach, a Kaizen Training Black Belt Facilitator, a Group Mastery Facilitator and Buzan Mind Mapping Trainer. Based on his experience and training, he developed the Inn8 Approach to innovation. He has an MBA from the Open University, tutored on their "Creativity, Innovation and Change" MBA Course for 14 years and is a critical reader for a new course on this topic. He also tutors on the Open University course "Making a Difference". He is the author of over 150 articles on these topics. With his Visa career and subsequent work, John has over 25 years of experience as a multi-cultural presenter and facilitator using Accelerated Learning and Creative tools to motivate and energise people. He works throughout Europe, the Middle East and Africa. He works in a variety of sectors, including payments, construction, defence, telecommunications, pharmaceuticals and public. His regular clients have included organisations such as Visa Inc., BT, CH2M Hill and EADS and he works with a variety of consulting companies as a meeting facilitator. John is married with two children, lives in London and enjoys walking, cycling and watching sport.