Description - Directory of Rare Book and Special Collections in the UK and Republic of Ireland by Karen Attar
The new in paperback edition of the Directory of Rare Book and Special Collections in the UK and Republic of Ireland, 3rd edition features an additional 72 libraries not represented in former editions. These cover England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, and the Republic of Ireland, and represent the range of libraries present in the Directory overall from academic, public, subscription, ecclesiastical etc.
The Directory is the only publication to bring together rare book and special collections from all kinds of libraries across the British Isles and is an essential research tool for researchers and librarians throughout the world. Fully updated since the second edition was published in 1997, this comprehensive and up-to-date guide encompasses collections held in national libraries, academic libraries, public libraries, subscription libraries, clergy libraries, libraries for other professions, school libraries, companies, London clubs, museums and archives, and libraries in stately homes.
Consulting the Directory is an essential first step in a research project and it can answer question such as, "Where can I best research the reception of Jane Austen's novels?"; "Can I find Civil War tracts in a library near me?"; "Is Thomas Carlyle's library intact and in the public sphere?"; "Does Britain have the resources to study Nazi school textbooks?"; "How do I arrange my research trip to study Tauchnitz publications?" The Directory:
Readership: Researchers, book historians, book collectors, special collections librarians, reference librarians, academic liaison librarians, library managers, booksellers, and other heritage professionals.
- Provides a national, cross-sectoral overview of rare book and special collections
- Provides a quick and easy summary of individual libraries' holdings
- Directs researchers to the libraries most relevant for them
- Assists libraries to evaluate their special collections according to a 'unique and distinctive' model
- Enables libraries to make informed decisions about special collections acquisition and collaboration
- Helps booksellers and donors to target offers
- Entries in the Directory provide full contact details, and descriptions of rare book and named special collections including quantities, particular subject and language strengths, and information about salient features such as provenance.
Buy Directory of Rare Book and Special Collections in the UK and Republic of Ireland by Karen Attar from Australia's Online Independent Bookstore, Boomerang Books.
Format: Paperback / softback
(246mm x 189mm x mm)
Publisher: Facet Publishing
Country of Publication:
Other Editions - Directory of Rare Book and Special Collections in the UK and Republic of Ireland by Karen Attar
Book Reviews - Directory of Rare Book and Special Collections in the UK and Republic of Ireland by Karen Attar
» Have you read this book? We'd like to know what you think about it - write a review about Directory of Rare Book and Special Collections in the UK and Republic of Ireland book by Karen Attar and you'll earn 50c in Boomerang Bucks loyalty dollars (you must be a Boomerang Books Account Holder - it's free to sign up and there are great benefits!)
A Preview for this title is currently not available.