Description - DK Eyewitness Travel Guide France by DK Eyewitness
The ideal travel companion, full of insider advice on what to see and do, plus detailed itineraries and comprehensive maps for exploring France.
Explore the museums and galleries of cosmopolitan Paris, relax over a glass of fine wine in Bordeaux or take a tour of the Loire Valley- everything you need to know is clearly laid out within colour-coded chapters. Discover the best of France with this indispensable travel guide.
Inside DK Eyewitness Travel Guide France-
- Over 65 colour maps help you navigate with ease
- Simple layout makes it easy to find the information you need
- Comprehensive tours and itineraries of France, designed for every interest and budget
- Illustrations and floorplans show in detail Palais des Papes, Chartres Cathedral, Mont-St-Michel, Ch teau de Versailles, the Louvre and more
- Colour photographs of wild mountains, scenic coastlines and magnificent gardens; grand ch teaux and great Gothic cathedrals; the cosmopolitan city of Paris and the peaceful villages that dot the country, and more
- Detailed chapters, with area maps, cover Paris - Ile de la Cite, Marais and Beaubourg; Tuileries and Opera; Champs-Elysees and Invalides; the Left Bank; and further afield - le Nord and Picardy; Champagne; Alsace and Lorraine; Normandy; Brittany; the Loire Valley; Burgundy and Franche-Comte; the Massif Central; the Rh ne Valley and French Alps; Poitou and Aquitaine; Perigord, Quercy and Gascony; the Pyrenees; Languedoc-Roussillon; Provence and the C te d'Azur; and Corsica
- Historical and cultural context gives you a richer travel experience- learn about France's history, traditions and customs, classic food and drink, artists and writers, contrasting architecture, festivals and events
- Essential travel tips- our expert choices of where to stay, eat, shop and sightsee, plus useful phrases, and transport, visa and health information.
Buy DK Eyewitness Travel Guide France by DK Eyewitness from Australia's Online Independent Bookstore, Boomerang Books.
Format: Paperback / softback
(223mm x 133mm x 27mm)
DK Eyewitness Travel
Publisher: Dorling Kindersley Ltd
Country of Publication:
Other Editions - DK Eyewitness Travel Guide France by DK Eyewitness
Book Reviews - DK Eyewitness Travel Guide France by DK Eyewitness
» Have you read this book? We'd like to know what you think about it - write a review about DK Eyewitness Travel Guide France book by DK Eyewitness and you'll earn 50c in Boomerang Bucks loyalty dollars (you must be a Boomerang Books Account Holder - it's free to sign up and there are great benefits!)
Author Biography - DK Eyewitness
Experience the world with DK Travel.
DK Travel's highly visual guides show you what others only tell you, with easy-to-read maps, tips and tours to inform and enrich your trip.
Our travel writers report on what to see, eat, drink and do around the world, while the very best photographs and illustrations bring cities, regions and countries to life. We publish guides to more than 200 destinations around the world, from handy pocket-sized city guides to comprehensive country guides.
DK is the world's leading illustrated reference publisher, producing beautifully designed books for adults and children in over 120 countries.
A Preview for this title is currently not available.