1300 36 33 32
If you are considering weight-loss surgery, you are not alone. Obesity is the most common chronic disease in the U.S. today, affecting one out of every four Americans. In this indispensable resource, Dr. Louis Flancbaum, one of the world's foremost experts on weight-loss surgery, takes you through the entire process, from presurgical evaluation to postop care. You'll find everything you need to know to get the most out of the latest groundbreaking procedures available that can radically improve your health--and your quality of life.
- Why WLS is the safest treatment for patients with clinically severe or morbid obesity
- How to determine if you're a candidate for WLS
- What to look for when choosing a surgeon
- How to choose the surgical procedure that's right for you
- What to expect pre-, peri-, and postsurgery
- Common side effects and what they can mean for you
- Diet and nutritional guidelines after WLS
Plus: what to do if your insurance policy excludes obesity treatment, how to determine when you can resume normal activities and return to work, healthful recipes, patient success stories, support groups . . . and much more
Including detailed charts and tables, helpful resources, and websites, this is the only sourcebook on weight-loss surgery you'll ever need.
Buy Doctor's Guide To Weight Loss Surgery by Louis Flancbaum from Australia's Online Independent Bookstore, Boomerang Books.
Book DetailsISBN: 9780553382464
» Have you read this book? We'd like to know what you think about it - write a review about Doctor's Guide To Weight Loss Surgery book by Louis Flancbaum and you'll earn 50c in Boomerang Bucks loyalty dollars (you must be a Boomerang Books Account Holder - it's free to sign up and there are great benefits!)
© 2003-2020. All Rights Reserved. Eclipse Commerce Pty Ltd - ACN: 122 110 687 - ABN: 49 122 110 687