1300 36 33 32
Think more deeply and work more independently at A level History through a carefully thought-out enquiry approach from SHP.
Enquiring History: It makes you think!
The OFSTED report on school history suggests that the current generation of A Level students have been poorly served by exam-based textbooks which spoon-feed students while failing to enthuse them or develop deeper understandings of studying History
The Schools History Project has risen to this challenge with a new series for the next generation. Enquiring History is SHP's fresh approach to Advanced Level History that aims:
- To motivate and engage readers
- To help readers think and gain independence as learners
- To encourage enquiry, and deeper understanding of periods and the people of the past
- To engage with current scholarship
- To prepare A Level students for university
Key features of each Student book
- Clear compelling narrative - books are designed to be read cover to cover
- Structured enquiries - that explore the core content and issues of each period
- 'Insight' panels between enquiries provide context, overview, and extension
- Full colour illustrations throughout
The Crusades: Conflict and controversy 1095-1291
There has never been a more important time to study the Crusades. Religious conflict is a fact of life in the twenty-first century no less than it was in the medieval world. And yet the world of the Crusades is so different from ours that it takes a massive leap of imagination to make sense of these events. This book takes on that challenge: opening a window onto the 12th and 13th century worlds to understand what on earth was going on. It examines the Crusades themselves; the controversies surrounding them; and the past and current re-interpretations of the period.
Web-based support includes
- lesson planning tools and guidance for teachers available from the SHP website eBooks for whole class teaching or individual student reading available from eBook retailers
Buy Enquiring History: The Crusades: Conflict and Controversy, 1095-1291 by Jamie Byrom from Australia's Online Independent Bookstore, Boomerang Books.
Book DetailsISBN: 9781444144512
» Have you read this book? We'd like to know what you think about it - write a review about Enquiring History: The Crusades: Conflict and Controversy, 1095-1291 book by Jamie Byrom and you'll earn 50c in Boomerang Bucks loyalty dollars (you must be a Boomerang Books Account Holder - it's free to sign up and there are great benefits!)
Michael Riley and Jamie Byrom are Series Editors for the Enquiring History series but also are experienced writers and trainers on this topic - having contributed to UNESCO, Council of Europe and Euroclio projects focussed understanding and teaching about the historical relationship between Europe and the Islamic world. Academic consultant: Professor Jonathan Phillips of Royal Holloway College, renowned expert on the period.
© 2003-2021. All Rights Reserved. Eclipse Commerce Pty Ltd - ACN: 122 110 687 - ABN: 49 122 110 687