Think more deeply and work more independently at A level History through a carefully thought-out enquiry approach from SHP.
Enquiring History: It makes you think!
The OFSTED report on school history suggests that the current generation of A Level students have been poorly served by exam-based textbooks which spoon-feed students while failing to enthuse them or develop deeper understandings of studying History
The Schools History Project has risen to this challenge with a new series for the next generation. Enquiring History is SHP's fresh approach to Advanced Level History that aims:
- To motivate and engage readers
- To help readers think and gain independence as learners
- To encourage enquiry, and deeper understanding of periods and the people of the past
- To engage with current scholarship
- To prepare A Level students for university
Key features of each Student book:
- Clear compelling narrative - books are designed to be read cover to cover
- Structured enquiries - that explore the core content and issues of each period
- 'Insight' panels between enquiries provide context, overview, and extension
- Full colour illustrations throughout
Web-based support includes:
- Lesson planning tools and activities for teachers
- Dynamic eBooks for whole class teaching or individual student reading
- Exam advice for each specification
The French Revolution
This title covers the turbulent history of France from 1774 to 1802 and the revolutionary events and larger than life individuals whose ideas and actions sent shock waves around Europe. Each enquiry tackles a discrete topic which together build a rounded and balanced picture of the causes, the course, the consequences, and the historiography of the revolution. As William Doyle puts it: 'There are few periods in history when so many benevolent intentions led to such unintended chaos and destruction, ...'How and why did this happen? What can we learn from it? What has the French Revolution got to say to us today?
Web-based support includes
- lesson planning tools and guidance for teachers available from the SHP website eBooks for whole class teaching or individual student reading available from eBook retailers
Buy Enquiring History: The French Revolution by Dave Martin from Australia's Online Independent Bookstore, Boomerang Books.
Book DetailsISBN: 9781444144543
» Have you read this book? We'd like to know what you think about it - write a review about Enquiring History: The French Revolution book by Dave Martin and you'll earn 50c in Boomerang Bucks loyalty dollars (you must be a Boomerang Books Account Holder - it's free to sign up and there are great benefits!)
Dave Martin is an experienced teacher, author and trainer with extensive experience of A level examinations. Academic Consultant: Dr Marisa Linton is Reader in History, Kingston University.
© 2003-2019. All Rights Reserved. Eclipse Commerce Pty Ltd - ACN: 122 110 687 - ABN: 49 122 110 687