Description - Extending Structures: Fundamentals and Applications by Ana Agore
Extending Structures: Fundamentals and Applications treats the extending structures (ES) problem in the context of groups, Lie/Leibniz algebras, associative algebras and Poisson/Jacobi algebras. This concisely written monograph offers the reader an incursion into the extending structures problem which provides a common ground for studying both the extension problem and the factorization problem.
- Provides a unified approach to the extension problem and the factorization problem
- Introduces the classifying complements problem as a sort of converse of the factorization problem; and in the case of groups it leads to a theoretical formula for computing the number of types of isomorphisms of all groups of finite order that arise from a minimal set of data
- Describes a way of classifying a certain class of finite Lie/Leibniz/Poisson/Jacobi/associative algebras etc. using flag structures
- Introduces new (non)abelian cohomological objects for all of the aforementioned categories
- As an application to the approach used for dealing with the classification part of the ES problem, the Galois groups associated with extensions of Lie algebras and associative algebras are described
Buy Extending Structures: Fundamentals and Applications by Ana Agore from Australia's Online Independent Bookstore, Boomerang Books.
(234mm x 156mm x mm)
CRC Press Inc
Publisher: Taylor & Francis Inc
Country of Publication:
Book Reviews - Extending Structures: Fundamentals and Applications by Ana Agore
» Have you read this book? We'd like to know what you think about it - write a review about Extending Structures: Fundamentals and Applications book by Ana Agore and you'll earn 50c in Boomerang Bucks loyalty dollars (you must be a Boomerang Books Account Holder - it's free to sign up and there are great benefits!)
A Preview for this title is currently not available.