1300 36 33 32
We live in a time of relentless change. The only thing that?s certain is that new challenges and opportunities will emerge that are virtually unimaginable today. How can we know which skills will be required to succeed?
In Five Minds for the Future, bestselling author Howard Gardner shows how we will each need to master "five minds" that the fast-paced future will demand:
* The disciplined mind, to learn at least one profession, as well as the major thinking (science, math, history, etc.) behind it
* The synthesizing mind, to organize the massive amounts of information and communicate effectively to others
* The creating mind, to revel in unasked questions - and uncover new phenomena and insightful apt answers
* The respectful mind, to appreciate the differences between human beings - and understand and work with all persons
* The ethical mind, to fulfill one's responsibilities as both a worker and a citizen
Without these "minds," we risk being overwhelmed by information, unable to succeed in the workplace, and incapable of the judgment needed to thrive both personally and professionally.
Complete with a substantial new introduction, Five Minds for the Future provides valuable tools for those looking ahead to the next generation of leaders - and for all of us striving to excel in a complex world.
Howard Gardner-cited by Foreign Policy magazine as one of the one hundred most influential public intellectuals in the world, and a MacArthur Fellowship recipient-is the Hobbs Professor of Cognition and Education at the Harvard Graduate School of Education.
Buy Five Minds for the Future by Howard Gardner from Australia's Online Independent Bookstore, Boomerang Books.
Book DetailsISBN: 9781422145357
» Have you read this book? We'd like to know what you think about it - write a review about Five Minds for the Future book by Howard Gardner and you'll earn 50c in Boomerang Bucks loyalty dollars (you must be a Boomerang Books Account Holder - it's free to sign up and there are great benefits!)
Howard Gardner is the John H. and Elisabeth A. Hobbs Professor of Cognition and Education at the Harvard Graduate School of Education and Senior Director of Harvard Project Zero. The recipient of a MacArthur Fellowship and twenty-one honorary degrees, he is the author of more than twenty books, including Changing Minds, Good Work, and Multiple Intelligences: New Horizons and Five Minds for the Future (HB).
© 2003-2021. All Rights Reserved. Eclipse Commerce Pty Ltd - ACN: 122 110 687 - ABN: 49 122 110 687