Description - Government Liability: Principles and Remedies by Janina Boughey and Ellen Rock Greg Weeks
Given the degree of power wielded by Australian government officials and entities, it is unsurprising that government decisions and conduct frequently impact on individuals. To find the most appropriate way to resolve a particular case, practitioners must be able to work across the traditional legal 'silos', drawing on public and private law principles as well as the important, and often under-valued, roles of non-legal accountability mechanisms. This book familiarises readers with some of the complexities underpinning this area and covers public law remedies, private law remedies, and statutory remedies.
Book Review - Law Institute Journal | September 2020
* the first in Australia to draw together the principal means of challenging and remedying harm caused by government decisions and conduct
* dedicated coverage of public law remedies (judicial review), private law remedies (tort, contract, equity and restitution), and statutory remedies (merits review, human rights legislation, ombudsmen, investigative agencies and discretionary compensation regimes)
* Creyke, McMillan & Smyth, Control of Government Action - Text, Cases and Commentary, 5th ed, 2018
* Creyke, Quick Reference Study Guide: Administrative Law, 3rd ed, 2017
* Douglas & Hyland, Focus: Administrative Law, 3rd ed, 2014
* Howe & Evans, Lexis Nexis Study Guide: Administrative Law, 2nd ed, 2015
Buy Government Liability: Principles and Remedies by Janina Boughey and Ellen Rock Greg Weeks from Australia's Online Independent Bookstore, Boomerang Books.
Format: Paperback / softback
LexisNexis Butterworths Australia
Publisher: LexisNexis Butterworths Australia
Country of Publication:
Book Reviews - Government Liability: Principles and Remedies by Janina Boughey and Ellen Rock Greg Weeks
» Have you read this book? We'd like to know what you think about it - write a review about Government Liability: Principles and Remedies book by Janina Boughey and Ellen Rock Greg Weeks and you'll earn 50c in Boomerang Bucks loyalty dollars (you must be a Boomerang Books Account Holder - it's free to sign up and there are great benefits!)
A Preview for this title is currently not available.