1300 36 33 32
The world, as Nick Bilton--with tongue-in-cheek--shows, has been going to hell for a long, long time, and what we are experiencing is the twenty-first-century version of the fear that always takes hold as new technology replaces the old. In fact, as Bilton shows, the digital era we are part of is, in all its creative and disruptive forms, the foundation for exciting and engaging experiences not only for business but society as well.
Both visionary and practical, I Live in the Future & Here's How It Works captures the zeitgeist of an emerging age, providing the understanding of how a radically changed media world is influencing human behavior:
- With a walk on the wild side--through the porn industry--we see how this business model is leading the way, adapting product to consumer needs and preferences and beating piracy.
- By understanding how the Internet is creating a new type of consumer, the "consumnivore," living in a world where immediacy trumps quality and quantity, we see who is dictating the type of content being created.
- Through exploring the way our brains are adapting, we gain a new understanding of the positive effect of new media narratives on thinking and action. One fascinating study, for example, shows that surgeons who play video games are more skillful than their nonplaying counterparts.
- Why social networks, the openness of the Internet, and handy new gadgets are not just vehicles for telling the world what you had for breakfast but are becoming the foundation for "anchoring communities" that tame information overload and help determine what news and information to trust and consume and what to ignore.
- Why the map of tomorrow is centered on "Me," and why that simple fact means a totally new approach to the way media companies shape content.
- Why people pay for experiences, not content; and why great storytelling and extended relationships will prevail and enable businesses to engage with customers in new ways that go beyond merely selling information, instead creating unique and meaningful experiences.
I Live in the Future & Here's How It Works walks its own talk by creating a unique reader experience: Semacodes embedded in both print and eBook versions will take readers directly to Bilton's website (www.NickBilton.com), where they can access videos of the author further developing his point of view and also delve into the research that was key to shaping the central ideas of the book. The website will also offer links to related content and the ability to comment on a chapter, allowing the reader to join the conversation.
Buy I Live In The Future & Here's How It Works by Nick Bilton from Australia's Online Independent Bookstore, Boomerang Books.
Book DetailsISBN: 9780307591128
» Have you read this book? We'd like to know what you think about it - write a review about I Live In The Future & Here's How It Works book by Nick Bilton and you'll earn 50c in Boomerang Bucks loyalty dollars (you must be a Boomerang Books Account Holder - it's free to sign up and there are great benefits!)
NICK BILTON is the lead technology writer for the New York Times Bits blog and a reporter for the paper. His work weaves together many different fields of storytelling, including advertising, journalism, design, technology, user interface, documentary film, and hardware hacking and the effects of all of these on society. At the Times, he is also worked in the research and development labs, peering into the future and helping chart the path for the future of news. Bilton is also an adjunct professor for New York University s interactive telecommunication program and speaks regularly around the world at major technology and publishing conferences and at universities.
© 2003-2020. All Rights Reserved. Eclipse Commerce Pty Ltd - ACN: 122 110 687 - ABN: 49 122 110 687