1300 36 33 32
Stress attacks every aspect of our well-being. Gallwey explains how negative self-talk undermines us, making us believe that pressure is inevitable and that other people's expectations are paramount-which leaves us feeling helpless and unhappy. But as Gallwey shows, we have the means to build a shield against stress with our abilities to take childlike pleasure in learning new skills, to properly and healthily rest and relax, and to trust in our own good judgment. With his trademark mix of case histories and interactive worksheets, Gallwey helps us to tap into these inner strengths, giving us these invaluable tools:
- the STOP technique: Learn how to Step back, Think, Organize, and Proceed with a more conscious choice process, even in the most chaotic circumstances.
- the Attitude tool: If you're feeling resentment, try gratitude.
- the Magic Pen: Develop the ability to open up your intuition and wisdom.
- the Transpose exercise: Imagine what the other person thinks, feels, wants-and develop empathy, kindness, and better relationship skills.
- the PLE triangle: Use your goals for Performance, Learning, and Experience to redefine success and enhance enjoyment.
Now you don't have to be a champion athlete-or an athlete at all-to keep your life in perspective and your performance at its peak. A one-of-a kind guide, The Inner Game of Stress allows anyone to get in the game and win.
Buy The Inner Game Of Stress by W. Timothy Gallwey from Australia's Online Independent Bookstore, Boomerang Books.
Book DetailsISBN: 9781400067916
» Have you read this book? We'd like to know what you think about it - write a review about Inner Game Of Stress book by W. Timothy Gallwey and you'll earn 50c in Boomerang Bucks loyalty dollars (you must be a Boomerang Books Account Holder - it's free to sign up and there are great benefits!)
W. Timothy Gallwey has produced a series of bestselling Inner Game books, which set forth a new methodology for the development of personal and professional excellence in a variety of fields. For the last twenty years Gallwey has been introducing the Inner Game approach to corporations looking for better ways to manage change. He lives in Malibu, California.
© 2003-2021. All Rights Reserved. Eclipse Commerce Pty Ltd - ACN: 122 110 687 - ABN: 49 122 110 687