Description - International Encyclopedia of Environmental Politics by John Barry
Why care about the environment? Is the earth's climate really changing for the worse? What are CFCs exactly? And who or what is the WTO? What are the causes of environmental problems? Who are the main actors, and what are the main ideas and issues in international environmental politics? Which countries have the best/worst environmental record and policies?
The International Encyclopedia of Environmental Politics is the essential reference source to enable all those with an interest in the politics of the environment - particularly students and academics working within political science - to answer these questions, and to explore many other related topics in international environmental politics. It will be welcomed as an essential teaching resource and a trusty companion to independent study.
Written by a team of international experts, the Encyclopedia is vital for fact-checking, provides authoritative initial orientation to a particular topic or issue and will serve as a solid starting point for wider explanation. With over 300 fully cross-referenced entries, many of which are followed with suggestions for further reading, the Encyclopedia includes:
* Country and regional entries, with country entries giving a concise overview of the history, main actors, issues and policies related to its environmental politics
* Normative and ethical dimensions of environmental politics, from animal rights, social and global justice to deep ecology
* Environmental movements, organizations, struggles and actors from local to international levels
* Issues in international environmental politics such as global warming, biodiversity, trade and the environment
* Prominent individuals (historical and current) who have inspired or been actively involved in international environmental politics - such as Mahatma Gandhi, Petra Kelly, Vandana Shiva and Aldo Leopold
* Central topics and issues in environmental politics - such as global warming, globalization, wildlife preservation, eco-taxes, energy production and consumption, sustainable development and the World Trade Organisation
Buy International Encyclopedia of Environmental Politics by John Barry from Australia's Online Independent Bookstore, Boomerang Books.
Format: Paperback / softback
(246mm x 174mm x mm)
Publisher: Taylor & Francis Ltd
Country of Publication:
Other Editions - International Encyclopedia of Environmental Politics by John Barry
Book Reviews - International Encyclopedia of Environmental Politics by John Barry
» Have you read this book? We'd like to know what you think about it - write a review about International Encyclopedia of Environmental Politics book by John Barry and you'll earn 50c in Boomerang Bucks loyalty dollars (you must be a Boomerang Books Account Holder - it's free to sign up and there are great benefits!)
A Preview for this title is currently not available.