1300 36 33 32
The renowned and highly experienced editors of this book bring together the leading voices in contemporary English education under the banner of the International Federation for the Teaching of English (IFTE). The collected chapters here represent the very best of international writing on the teaching of English in the past decade.
The key issues and debates surrounding English teaching across the globe are discussed and analysed accessibly, and incorporate wide-ranging topics including:
* The impact of high stakes testing on teaching and learning;
* Addressing the needs of minority groups;
* The digitization of literature and new conceptions of text;
* Rewriting the canon;
* Dealing with curriculum change;
* "Best practices" in the teaching of English;
* The tension between 'literacy' and 'English';
* English and bilingual education;
* The impact of digital technologies on teaching and learning;
* Conceptions of English as a subject [secondary and tertiary];
* Bringing the critical into the English/Literacy classroom;
* The future of subject English;
* Empowering voices on the margins;
* Pre-service teacher education;
* The social networking English classroom.
This text looks at the changing face of subject English from the differing perspectives of policy makers, teacher educators, teachers and their students. It tackles some of the hard questions posed by technological advances in a global society, challenges conventional approaches to teaching and points to the emerging possibilities for a traditional school subject such as English in the face of rapid change and increasing societal expectations. Despite all of the converging political and technological threats, the authors of this engaging and insightful text portray an immense confidence in the ultimate worth of teaching and learning subject English.
Buy International Perspectives on Teaching English in a Globalised World by Andrew Goodwyn from Australia's Online Independent Bookstore, Boomerang Books.
Book DetailsISBN: 9780415504478
» Have you read this book? We'd like to know what you think about it - write a review about International Perspectives on Teaching English in a Globalised World book by Andrew Goodwyn and you'll earn 50c in Boomerang Bucks loyalty dollars (you must be a Boomerang Books Account Holder - it's free to sign up and there are great benefits!)
Andrew Goodwyn is Head of the Institute of Education, University of Reading, UK. Louann Reid is Professor of English at Colorado State University, USA. Cal Durrant is Associate Professor in English Curriculum and Literacy, and Director of the Literacy Research Hub at ACU in Sydney, Australia.
© 2003-2021. All Rights Reserved. Eclipse Commerce Pty Ltd - ACN: 122 110 687 - ABN: 49 122 110 687