Description - Interventions for Speech Sound Disorders in Children by A. Lynn Williams
An essential building block of every speech-language pathologist's professional preparation, the second edition of this bestselling textbook is a comprehensive critical analysis of 21 interventions for highly prevalent speech sound disorders (SSD) in children. Bringing together a powerhouse team of international experts, this new edition has been revised and enhanced with current research, new interventions, more guidance on selecting interventions, and updated video clips that show the approaches in action. For each intervention, readers will get a clear explanation of its robust evidence base, plus thorough guidance on implementing the approach, monitoring progress, and using the intervention with children from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
A key graduate-level text and an important professional resource for practicing SLPs, early interventionists, and special educators, this book will help readers choose and use the best interventions for children with functional or motor-based speech disorders.
- 18 high-quality video clips that offer a vivid inside look at intervention techniques in action
- Expanded information on choosing interventions and implementing them with fidelity
- New featured interventions, including Dynamic Temporal and Tactile Cueing and biofeedback approaches
- Up-to-date research on SSD and interventions, including Levels of Evidence tables that help readers evaluate the evidence base for each intervention
- In-depth discussion of how the interventions relate to the World Health OrganizationaEURO (TM)s model of participation
- New learning activities that help readers apply their understanding of each intervention
Buy Interventions for Speech Sound Disorders in Children by A. Lynn Williams from Australia's Online Independent Bookstore, Boomerang Books.
Format: Paperback / softback
(254mm x 178mm x mm)
Brookes Publishing Co
Publisher: Brookes Publishing Co
Country of Publication:
Other Editions - Interventions for Speech Sound Disorders in Children by A. Lynn Williams
Book Reviews - Interventions for Speech Sound Disorders in Children by A. Lynn Williams
» Have you read this book? We'd like to know what you think about it - write a review about Interventions for Speech Sound Disorders in Children book by A. Lynn Williams and you'll earn 50c in Boomerang Bucks loyalty dollars (you must be a Boomerang Books Account Holder - it's free to sign up and there are great benefits!)
A Preview for this title is currently not available.