Description - Java Illuminated by Julie Anderson
Each new print copy includes Navigate 2 Advantage Access that unlocks a comprehensive and interactive eBook, student practice activities and assessments, a full suite of instructor resources, and learning analytics reporting tools.
Fully revised and updated to reflect the most recent features in Java 7 and Java 8, Java Illuminated, Fourth Edition is one of the most interactive and user-friendly texts available. Comprehensive but accessible, the text takes a progressive approach to object-oriented programming, allowing students to build on established skills to develop new and increasingly complex classes. Java Illuminated follows an activity-based active learning approach that ensures student engagement and interest. This Fourth Edition now includes techniques for producing graphical output and animations using both applets and graphical applications. Packed with real-world applications and student activities, Java Illuminated, Fourth Edition, will draw students in to the world of programming.
Key Features Include:
* Supports recent features in Java 7 and Java 8, using switch with Strings (Example 5.14) and varargs (Examples 8.24-8.25)
* Includes the addition of UML to many examples to better illustrate the architecture of the applications and the relationships between classes
* Stronger coverage of interfaces and how they can be used to promote reusability of code
* An expanded discussion of the Model-View-Controller architecture to better support students who are continuing on to more advanced programming courses, web programming, or mobile computing (for iPhone (TM) or Android (TM))
* Chapter-by-chapter Programming Activities provide students with immediate visual feedback assessing the correctness of their code and give students the tools to fully understand and implement both basic and sophisticated techniques
* Common Error Trap boxes warn against typical student errors
* Look it Up programming projects promote independent student research
Instructor and Student Support Materials:
Every new, printed copy is packaged with a full suite of ancillary resources, including Navigate 2 Advantage Access that benefits BOTH the student and the Instructor!
For the Instructor:
* Lecture Slides in PowerPoint format
* Solutions to Exercises
* Test Bank
For the Student:
* Every NEW copy includes a free access card for Turing's Craft CodeLab
With Navigate 2, technology and content combine to expand the reach of your classroom. Whether you teach an online, hybrid, or traditional classroom-based course, Navigate 2 delivers unbeatable value. Experience Navigate 2 today at www.jblnavigate.com/2
Buy Java Illuminated by Julie Anderson from Australia's Online Independent Bookstore, Boomerang Books.
Jones and Bartlett Publishers, Inc
Publisher: Jones and Bartlett Publishers, Inc
Country of Publication:
Other Editions - Java Illuminated by Julie Anderson
Book Reviews - Java Illuminated by Julie Anderson