Description - Literary Lunch by
A great book is like a feast. We love to concoct stories from food but what about making food from some of our favourite stories?
To whip up your own Literary Lunch, just follow this simple recipe...
- Take a generous helping of Ian McEwan and leave to marinate overnight.
- Add some Sebastian Faulks to a pan and saute on a high heat.
- Mix in a dollop of Louis de Bernieres (don't stint) and shavings of Mark Haddon and bring to the boil.
- Add a rounded teaspoon of Anne Tyler, a smidgen of Neel Mukherjee and a pinch of Julian Barnes, according to taste. You may also wish to add a sprinkling of Salman Rushdie to add some heat.
- Reduce the mixture down and add a splash of Irvine Welsh, skimming off excess expletives.
- Remove from the heat and add essence of Haruki Murakami slowly, drop by drop, making sure to mix in thoroughly.
- Meanwhile, using a rich brandy or calvados, flambe thinly sliced extracts of Simon Schama - to avoid a scorching, avert face and be prepared for a flare of potentially large flames.
- Finally, bring all the elements together and plate up with a dash of Jeanette Winterson and garnish with a sprig pf Helen Fielding.
Enjoy with a full-bodied red wine.
Buy Literary Lunch by from Australia's Online Independent Bookstore, Boomerang Books.
Format: Paperback / softback
(216mm x 137mm x 9mm)
Publisher: Vintage Publishing
Country of Publication:
Book Reviews - Literary Lunch by
» Have you read this book? We'd like to know what you think about it - write a review about Literary Lunch book by and you'll earn 50c in Boomerang Bucks loyalty dollars (you must be a Boomerang Books Account Holder - it's free to sign up and there are great benefits!)
A Preview for this title is currently not available.