Description - Macquarie Concise Dictionary Eighth Edition by Macquarie Dictionary
The Macquarie Concise Dictionary, Eighth Edition provides an up-to-date reference of Australian English, with wide coverage to meet the needs of the general dictionary user. Based on the comprehensive Macquarie Dictionary Eighth Edition, this volume includes words and meaning which are peculiar to our variety of English, as well as those common to the whole English-speaking world.
The Macquarie Concise Dictionary includes:
- more than 2000 new words and definitions such as algorithmic bias, cancel culture, deepfake, eco-anxiety, hygge, influencer, Me Too, ngangkari, single-use, social distancing
- updated entries to reflect changing perspectives relating to the environment, politics, technology and the internet
- words and phrases from regional Australia
- illustrative phrases showing how a word is used in context
- valuable usage notes
- free six-month subscription to Macquarie Dictionary Online (www.macquariedictionary.com.au)
Buy Macquarie Concise Dictionary Eighth Edition by Macquarie Dictionary from Australia's Online Independent Bookstore, Boomerang Books.
(248mm x 192mm x 67mm)
MacQuarie Library Pty.Ltd
Publisher: MacQuarie Library Pty.Ltd
Country of Publication:
Book Reviews - Macquarie Concise Dictionary Eighth Edition by Macquarie Dictionary
» Have you read this book? We'd like to know what you think about it - write a review about Macquarie Concise Dictionary Eighth Edition book by Macquarie Dictionary and you'll earn 50c in Boomerang Bucks loyalty dollars (you must be a Boomerang Books Account Holder - it's free to sign up and there are great benefits!)
A Preview for this title is currently not available.