Description - Macquarie Dictionary Eighth Edition by Macquarie Dictionary
The Macquarie Dictionary Eighth Edition is nationally and internationally regarded as the standard reference on Australian English. An up-to-date account of our variety of English, it not only includes words and senses peculiar to Australian English, but also those common to the whole English-speaking world.
The Eighth Edition features:
- a comprehensive record of English as it is used in Australia today
- more than 3500 new entries such as algorithmic bias, cancel culture, deepfake, eco-anxiety, hygge, influencer, Me Too, ngangkari, single-use, social distancing
- thousands of updated entries to reflect changing perspectives relating to the environment, politics, technology and the internet
- illustrative phrases showing how a word is used in context
- words and phrases from regional Australia
- etymologies of words and phrases
- extensive usage notes
- foreword by Kim Scott, multi-award-winning novelist.
Buy Macquarie Dictionary Eighth Edition by Macquarie Dictionary from Australia's Online Independent Bookstore, Boomerang Books.
(316mm x 230mm x 100mm)
MacQuarie Library Pty.Ltd
Publisher: MacQuarie Library Pty.Ltd
Country of Publication:
Book Reviews - Macquarie Dictionary Eighth Edition by Macquarie Dictionary
» Have you read this book? We'd like to know what you think about it - write a review about Macquarie Dictionary Eighth Edition book by Macquarie Dictionary and you'll earn 50c in Boomerang Bucks loyalty dollars (you must be a Boomerang Books Account Holder - it's free to sign up and there are great benefits!)
A Preview for this title is currently not available.