Description - Manual Of Chinese Herbal Medicine by Warner J.W. Fan
This manual of diagnosis and therapy is brilliantly organized for study and reference. It might even be called the "Merck Manual" of Chinese herbal medicine, for it makes the principles and practices of this traditional healing art highly accessible with its concise and lucid compendia. The book covers-
* Important basic concepts of traditional Chinese medicine, such as yin and yang, the five elements, qi, jing, and shen
* Causes of disease
* Classification of symptoms
* Methods of diagnosis
* Approaches to treatment with herbal medicine
* Preventive measures
* Symptoms of common illnesses
* Therapeutic classifications of many common herbs and prescriptions
* 342 formulas for common compound drugs
* Case studies from the Chinese medical literature illustrating the application of the principles discussed in the book
Buy Manual Of Chinese Herbal Medicine by Warner J.W. Fan from Australia's Online Independent Bookstore, Boomerang Books.
Format: Paperback / softback
(229mm x 152mm x 19mm)
Shambhala Publications Inc
Publisher: Shambhala Publications Inc
Country of Publication:
Book Reviews - Manual Of Chinese Herbal Medicine by Warner J.W. Fan
» Have you read this book? We'd like to know what you think about it - write a review about Manual Of Chinese Herbal Medicine book by Warner J.W. Fan and you'll earn 50c in Boomerang Bucks loyalty dollars (you must be a Boomerang Books Account Holder - it's free to sign up and there are great benefits!)
Author Biography - Warner J.W. Fan
Warner J-W. Fan, M.D., is a retired pediatrician who lives in Silver Spring, Maryland.
A Preview for this title is currently not available.