Description - Mobile Radio Networks by Bernhard H. Walke
Offers a comprehensive and detailed description of services and protocols of the systems. Particular attention is paid to the radio-related specifics required for establishment of a mobile communication system. All systems described have been implemented during research for analysis of their performance by event driven stochastic simulation under typical traffic loads. Consequently the similarities and differences between systems are described clearly and coherently.
* Expanded and updated chapter on GPRS/EDGE and performance evaluation results
* Performance evaluation results of EDGE and UMTS
* Completely new material in chapter 5; 3rd Generation Networks
* Revised and expanded chapter on Wireless Local Area Networks including a performance comparison of HIPERLAN/2 and IEEE 802.11a
* New sections on Bluetooth, WAP and WML, Terrestrial Trunked Radio (ETSI/TETRA) and related systems
* Detailed analysis of GSM driven services; Universal Personal Telecommunications
Buy Mobile Radio Networks by Bernhard H. Walke from Australia's Online Independent Bookstore, Boomerang Books.
(237mm x 161mm x 66mm)
John Wiley & Sons Ltd
Publisher: John Wiley and Sons Ltd
Country of Publication:
Other Editions - Mobile Radio Networks by Bernhard H. Walke
Book Reviews - Mobile Radio Networks by Bernhard H. Walke
» Have you read this book? We'd like to know what you think about it - write a review about Mobile Radio Networks book by Bernhard H. Walke and you'll earn 50c in Boomerang Bucks loyalty dollars (you must be a Boomerang Books Account Holder - it's free to sign up and there are great benefits!)