1300 36 33 32
An OCR endorsed textbook
Let SHP successfully steer you through the new specification with an exciting, enquiry-based series that invigorates teaching and learning; combining best practice principles and worthwhile tasks to develop students' high-level historical knowledge and skills.
- Tackle unfamiliar topics from the broadened curriculum with confidence: the engaging, accessible text covers the content you need for teacher-led lessons and independent study
- Ease the transition to GCSE: step-by-step enquiries inspired by best practice in KS3 help to simplify lesson planning and ensure continuous progression within and across units
- Build the knowledge and understanding students need to succeed: the scaffolded three-part task structure enables students to record, reflect on and review their learning
- Boost student performance across the board: suitably challenging tasks encourage high achievers to excel at GCSE while clear explanations make key concepts accessible to all
- Rediscover your enthusiasm for source work: a range of purposeful, intriguing visual and written source material is embedded at the heart of each investigation to enhance understanding
- Develop students' sense of period: the visually stimulating text design uses memorable case studies, diagrams, infographics and contemporary photos to bring fascinating events and people to life
Buy OCR GCSE History SHP: The Norman Conquest 1065-1087 by Michael Riley from Australia's Online Independent Bookstore, Boomerang Books.
Book DetailsISBN: 9781471860867
» Have you read this book? We'd like to know what you think about it - write a review about OCR GCSE History SHP: The Norman Conquest 1065-1087 book by Michael Riley and you'll earn 50c in Boomerang Bucks loyalty dollars (you must be a Boomerang Books Account Holder - it's free to sign up and there are great benefits!)
Michael Riley is Director of the Schools History Project. He has taught in schools in Tanzania, Yorkshire and Somerset, and has worked as Humanities Adviser in Somerset and as Course Leader for the History PGCE at Bath Spa University, a consultant for the QCA, the States of Guernsey, the Council of Europe and UNESCO. Michael regularly provides professional development for history teachers at national and international conferences, and has published extensively. Much of his work focuses on helping teachers to plan for effective learning in history, particularly through an emphasis on the development of students' enquiry and communication skills. In 2010 he will be conducting a number of INSET events around the country on promoting independent enquiry in Key Stage 3 History.
© 2003-2021. All Rights Reserved. Eclipse Commerce Pty Ltd - ACN: 122 110 687 - ABN: 49 122 110 687