Description - Pain Management in Primary Care: Essential Knowledge for APRNs and PAs by Yvonne D'Arcy
Written specifically for APRNs and PAs, this evidence-based text delivers practical guidance on how to assess, treat, and manage patients with pain in the primary care and family practice setting. Written by pain management experts well versed in both pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic therapies, the text encompasses the entire scope of pain management.
Following an overview of the sources and physiology of pain, Pain Management in Primary Care delineates a multidimensional assessment approach and guides readers in developing a patient care plan. With an emphasis on strategies for safe prescribing, an extensive portion of the book addresses regulatory considerations, special populations, and thorough coverage of how to safely prescribe opioids. This includes risk screening, proper management, and identification and treatment of withdrawal. Woven throughout is a focus on the importance of interprofessional communication and collaboration in effective pain management. The text also provides concise, easy-to-reference information about medications, supplements, and non-opioid therapeutics. Abundant case scenarios and clinical pearls help readers apply knowledge to their own practice.
- Covers the entire scope of pain management with evidence-based guidance on assessment, treatment, and pain management
- Emphasizes strategies for safely prescribing medications
- Includes detailed information on non-opioid and over-the counter-medications, opioids, and interventional pain management options
- Provides risk-screening tools and tips for proper selection, titration, and tapering of medications
- Describes how to identify and treat opioid withdrawal
- Illustrates application of knowledge to practice with case scenarios and clinical pearls
- Purchase includes access to the eBook for use on most mobile devices or computers
Buy Pain Management in Primary Care: Essential Knowledge for APRNs and PAs by Yvonne D'Arcy from Australia's Online Independent Bookstore, Boomerang Books.
Format: Paperback / softback
(229mm x 152mm x mm)
Springer Publishing Co Inc
Publisher: Springer Publishing Co Inc
Country of Publication:
Book Reviews - Pain Management in Primary Care: Essential Knowledge for APRNs and PAs by Yvonne D'Arcy
» Have you read this book? We'd like to know what you think about it - write a review about Pain Management in Primary Care: Essential Knowledge for APRNs and PAs book by Yvonne D'Arcy and you'll earn 50c in Boomerang Bucks loyalty dollars (you must be a Boomerang Books Account Holder - it's free to sign up and there are great benefits!)
A Preview for this title is currently not available.