Description - Parent Talk by Wendy Mogel
Are you tired of arguing with your children?
Do you find you're repeating the same messages over and over?
Or perhaps you've given up trying to communicate with your kids at all?
In this frank and open book, parenting expert of over three decades, and New York Times bestselling author Dr. Wendy Mogel offers an essential and realistic guide of how to take steps to transform your relationship with your child.
Several years ago Mogel began giving lessons to parents who were struggling with their children, demonstrating how changing the way they talked to them improved how well their child received the message, leading to fewer arguments and less household stress.
In Parent Talk, Mogel elaborates on her approach, teaching parents-
- How to talk to your children at every age from babies through to the teenage years
- How to break the cycle of nagging, pleading, and shouting
- How to feel less like your children are strangers to you
- How to talk to your child about difficult topics such as death and sex
- How to really listen to what it is your child is trying to say to you
- Why talking to girls is a world away from talking to boys, and how to master this skill
- Overcome the distraction of digital devices - for both you and your child
Revealing how each stage of life brings new opportunities to relate better to your children, Parent Talk is the definitive guide for how to talk with your child, conquer parenting frustrations, and shape meaningful and lasting family relationships.
Buy Parent Talk by Wendy Mogel from Australia's Online Independent Bookstore, Boomerang Books.
Format: Paperback / softback
(234mm x 153mm x 23mm)
Publisher: Penguin Books Ltd
Country of Publication:
Book Reviews - Parent Talk by Wendy Mogel
» Have you read this book? We'd like to know what you think about it - write a review about Parent Talk book by Wendy Mogel and you'll earn 50c in Boomerang Bucks loyalty dollars (you must be a Boomerang Books Account Holder - it's free to sign up and there are great benefits!)
Author Biography - Wendy Mogel
DR. Wendy Mogel is a clinical psychologist, parenting expert, a New York Times bestselling author and international keynote speaker. Her mission is the protection and promotion of self-reliance, resilience, accountability and exuberance in children. She was once on a program with President Barack Obama, once with His Holiness the Dalai Lama, and once with the circus.
A Preview for this title is currently not available.