Description - Practical Copyright for Library and Information Professionals by Paul Pedley
The UK's copyright legislation has been referred to as the longest, most confusing and hardest to navigate in the world. This new handbook brings clarity to what would otherwise be a complex topic. The author provides sensible and realistic guidance for all library and information practitioners. Topics covered include:
The handbook is an indispensable guide for library and information professionals; it will be useful for academics and researchers, and it will also be essential reading for anyone wishing to use copyright material legitimately.
- the copyright exceptions or permitted acts most relevant to library and information professionals
- lending of print and electronic copyright materials
- the range of licensing solutions available to ensure that the use of copyright works is done in compliance with the law
- the options available for making copies of orphan works (such as where this is done as part of digitization projects)
- an exploration of how information professionals working in the corporate sector can copy material legitimately, and highlights where this differs from practitioners working in not for profit publicly accessible libraries.
Buy Practical Copyright for Library and Information Professionals by Paul Pedley from Australia's Online Independent Bookstore, Boomerang Books.
(240mm x 164mm x 18mm)
Publisher: Facet Publishing
Country of Publication:
Other Editions - Practical Copyright for Library and Information Professionals by Paul Pedley
Book Reviews - Practical Copyright for Library and Information Professionals by Paul Pedley
» Have you read this book? We'd like to know what you think about it - write a review about Practical Copyright for Library and Information Professionals book by Paul Pedley and you'll earn 50c in Boomerang Bucks loyalty dollars (you must be a Boomerang Books Account Holder - it's free to sign up and there are great benefits!)
Author Biography - Paul Pedley
Paul Pedley MA MLib FCLIP has been following developments in UK copyright law for nearly twenty years. He has been a member of the Libraries and Copyright Alliance since 1998, and regularly trains, lectures and speaks on copyright and other areas of information law. He is the author of a number of books published by Facet Publishing including the E-copyright Handbook, Digital Copyright, Copyright Compliance: Practical steps to stay within the law and Essential Law for Information Professionals.
A Preview for this title is currently not available.