Description - Principles of Computer Security, Fourth Edition by Wm. Arthur Conklin
Publisher's Note: Products purchased from Third Party sellers are not guaranteed by the publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product.
Written by leading information security educators, this fully revised, full-color computer security textbook covers CompTIA's fastest-growing credential, CompTIA Security+.Principles of Computer Security, Fourth Edition is a student-tested, introductory computer security textbook that provides comprehensive coverage of computer and network security fundamentals in an engaging and dynamic full-color design.
In addition to teaching key computer security concepts, the textbook also fully prepares you for CompTIA Security+ exam SY0-401 with 100% coverage of all exam objectives. Each chapter begins with a list of topics to be covered and features sidebar exam and tech tips, a chapter summary, and an end-of-chapter assessment section that includes key term, multiple choice, and essay quizzes as well as lab projects. Electronic content includes CompTIA Security+ practice exam questions and a PDF copy of the book.
- CompTIA Approved Quality Content (CAQC)
- Electronic content features two simulated practice exams in the Total Tester exam engine and a PDF eBook
- Supplemented by Principles of Computer Security Lab Manual, Fourth Edition, available separately
- White and Conklin are two of the most well-respected computer security educators in higher education
- Instructor resource materials for adopting instructors include: Instructor Manual, PowerPoint slides featuring artwork from the book, and a test bank of questions for use as quizzes or exams
- Answers to the end of chapter sections are not included in the book and are only available to adopting instructors
Learn how to:
- Ensure operational, organizational, and physical security
- Use cryptography and public key infrastructures (PKIs)
- Secure remote access, wireless networks, and virtual private networks (VPNs)
- Authenticate users and lock down mobile devices
- Harden network devices, operating systems, and applications
- Prevent network attacks, such as denial of service, spoofing, hijacking, and
- Combat viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and rootkits
- Manage e-mail, instant messaging, and web security
- Explore secure software development requirements
- Implement disaster recovery and business continuity measures
- Handle computer forensics and incident response
- Understand legal, ethical, and privacy issues
Buy Principles of Computer Security, Fourth Edition by Wm. Arthur Conklin from Australia's Online Independent Bookstore, Boomerang Books.
(272mm x 211mm x 31mm)
Publisher: McGraw-Hill Education - Europe
Country of Publication:
Book Reviews - Principles of Computer Security, Fourth Edition by Wm. Arthur Conklin
» Have you read this book? We'd like to know what you think about it - write a review about Principles of Computer Security, Fourth Edition book by Wm. Arthur Conklin and you'll earn 50c in Boomerang Bucks loyalty dollars (you must be a Boomerang Books Account Holder - it's free to sign up and there are great benefits!)