Description - Program Implementation in Preventive Trials by Joseph A Durlak
Program Implementation in Preventive Trials shows you how you can take a more active part in program evaluation and how you can direct existing programs toward new horizons of more effective service. In this concise, focused look at community-based psychology and its operative programs, you'll see how and why community programs should be comprehensively evaluated. You'll see the importance of understanding how interventions were conducted before making conclusions about a program's impact, and you'll discover why there's an ever-widening gap between what is planned and what actually gets implemented in community-based programs.In short, Program Implementation in Preventive Trials helps you see the increasing need for the assessment of implementation, the "active" side of community psychology. You'll gain instant understanding as to why there's a need for constant monitoring of a program's use, and you'll find answers to the following questions that continue to plague community psychologists who are interested in implementing programs of change: Does the current personnel follow the implementation program? Will new members to the setting understand and utilize the procedures developed for that setting? Will the procedures be modified such that their utility decreases? Specifically, you'll read about:
- how to ensure intervention programs are conducted as planned
- why implementation data should be collected
- what protocol compliance is and its role in treatment programs
- when to be flexible so modifications can be made in program procedures
- who can enhance program adherence by "buying in" to a multi-change agent approach
- where cultural sensitivity helps programs be more faithfully adopted and conductedIf you're a scholar or a student interested in studying the fundamental issue of implementation, you'll definitely want to see what these professionals have compiled in Program Implementation in Preventive Trials. You'll find that your program agenda, however beneficial it is now, will only be raised and elevated to a new level of performance by the positive examples and research carefully collected here.
Buy Program Implementation in Preventive Trials by Joseph A Durlak from Australia's Online Independent Bookstore, Boomerang Books.
Format: Paperback / softback
(229mm x 152mm x mm)
Publisher: Taylor & Francis Ltd
Country of Publication:
Other Editions - Program Implementation in Preventive Trials by Joseph A Durlak
Book Reviews - Program Implementation in Preventive Trials by Joseph A Durlak
» Have you read this book? We'd like to know what you think about it - write a review about Program Implementation in Preventive Trials book by Joseph A Durlak and you'll earn 50c in Boomerang Bucks loyalty dollars (you must be a Boomerang Books Account Holder - it's free to sign up and there are great benefits!)
A Preview for this title is currently not available.