Description - Qualitative Methods for Health Research by Dr. Judith Green
The Third Edition of this bestselling title is packed full of real-world advice for researchers and students. It is an invaluable introduction to the theoretical and practical essentials needed to design, conduct and appraise qualitative research in health.
The book highlights core research skills, taking the reader through the key debates in qualitative methodology. It sets out a logical, easy-to-follow path supported by practical examples ensuring you will find it engaging and relevant.
Updates for the new edition include:
- a new chapter on effectively combining methods
- new material on the practical aspects of securing access to participants, using online data and on selecting an approach for analysis
- improved material on reading and appraising literature with detailed exploration of systematic reviews and synthesis
- expanded chapters on analysing data, with practical suggestions for moving from descriptive to analytical approaches
- an effective mix of classic and contemporary case studies from across health research
- expanded summaries, key points and reflective questions designed to help students apply theory to their own research.
Clear, thorough and articulate, this is an authoritative introduction to qualitative research for all health professionals and students.
Visit the accompanying companion website for additional resources.
Judith Green is a Professor in Sociology of Health at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine.
Nicki Thorogood is a Senior Lecturer in Sociology at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine.
Buy Qualitative Methods for Health Research by Dr. Judith Green from Australia's Online Independent Bookstore, Boomerang Books.
(242mm x 170mm x mm)
SAGE Publications Ltd
Publisher: SAGE Publications Ltd
Country of Publication:
Other Editions - Qualitative Methods for Health Research by Dr. Judith Green
Book Reviews - Qualitative Methods for Health Research by Dr. Judith Green