Research Methods: The Basics is an accessible, user-friendly introduction to the different aspects of research theory, methods and practice. This second edition provides an expanded resource suitable for students and practitioners in a wide range of disciplines including the natural sciences, social sciences and humanities. Structured in two parts - the first covering the nature of knowledge and the reasons for research, the second the specific methods used to carry out effective research and how to propose, plan, carry out and write up a research project - this book covers:
* Reasons for doing a research project
* Structuring and planning a research project
* The ethical issues involved in research
* Different types of data and how they are measured
* Collecting and analysing qualitative and quantitative data in order to draw sound conclusions
* Mixed methods and interdisciplinary research
* Devising a research proposal and writing up the research
* Motivation and quality of work.
Complete with a glossary of key terms and guides to further reading, this book is an essential text for anyone coming to research for the first time.
Buy Research Methods: The Basics by Nicholas Walliman from Australia's Online Independent Bookstore, Boomerang Books.
Book DetailsISBN: 9781138693999
» Have you read this book? We'd like to know what you think about it - write a review about Research Methods: The Basics book by Nicholas Walliman and you'll earn 50c in Boomerang Bucks loyalty dollars (you must be a Boomerang Books Account Holder - it's free to sign up and there are great benefits!)
Nicholas Walliman is Senior Lecturer in the School of Architecture at Oxford Brookes University, UK.
© 2003-2019. All Rights Reserved. Eclipse Commerce Pty Ltd - ACN: 122 110 687 - ABN: 49 122 110 687